Thursday, January 4, 2018

Christmas break - kitty, cookies, scavenger hunt, sledding

The evening we returned from The Last Jedi, the cat felt particularly snuggly...with Terry. Terry is not a huge fan of the cat, or any cat for that matter. He only allowed us to get him after being worn down over the last thirteen years. So his expression in this photo he posted online was to be expected and still hilarious.



Why is it that cats are always drawn to those that aren't drawn to them? 



Since last year I had failed at making all three of my Christmas cookies, I accepted all the help I could this year. Once again, Terry pressed out the spritz cookies for me. So helpful. My mom helped with the fudge.



The kids love decorating them.



Not mere minutes after I told them all to be careful and not spill the sprinkles, Evie spilled her sprinkles. I made her vacuum them all up.



Of course the cat didn't mind. He sits on everything.



It was three days before Christmas and it was a good thing we spent the evenings leading up to it  wrapping presents, for we had no time on Christmas Eve.



The following evening, Friday the 22nd, was spent driving around town on a Christmas scavenger hunt my friend Amanda had invited us to participate in. Despite the frigid temperatures, I'm so glad we did. It had just started to snow real lightly, everything looked beautiful, and it was just so festive and fun! We took pictures of everything we crossed off, this one being more than three inflatables in one yard.



Large Christmas presents, and a bike lit up similar to ours.



This Grinch on West Boulevard is a favorite of ours. 



A selfie in front of a house with "LOTS of lights." We knew just the perfect house because it's in our neighborhood and we drive by every time we're out during the season.



I thought we had done so well in the competition but we lost, coming in dead last. Hey at least Amanda got the losers a gift. 



I took a few photos of the merry gathering once we arrived at Amanda's to tally the points.



I like how Suzie is the only one paying attention to me. 



Several of the families present had four children and most had three. That made for tons of shoes at door!



The girls were playing so sweetly in their room...except for when the boys came by to mess with them and then they slammed the door on them.



The boys, on the other hand, were not playing nice. Talk about rough and tough!



They were so incredibly crazy and loud. Boys...



I got a nice smile from Samuel though. :)



That little bit of snow during the scavenger hunt filled in the back yard snow holes and the next day the kids wanted to play outside with Daddy since he had taken off work for the week. Here are the littles waiting for their turn for Daddy to pull them like a reindeer.



There goes Samuel. 



Some video footage of Daddy pulling him. No wonder the kids always want Daddy out there with them!



Terry is such a good daddy. He spent like an hour outside in the freezing cold just playing with them. He came in and told me to get a picture of them going straight up and down on their new swing.



That's pretty crazy.



At church on Christmas Eve Roberta gave us a Christmas treat she called Kitty Litter (instead of Puppy Chow) and the kids loved it. Especially Ezra. His face here cracks me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment