Sunday, June 10, 2018

Awana Awards 2018, Josh McDowell, cat

Wednesday May 2 was the final day of Awana for the year and Terry stepped in and out of youth group to watch the Awana Awards. 

Ezra graduated from Cubbies. Wow, from now on none of our kids will be in Cubbies! That is kind of sad isn't it?! 



Ezra walking up to get his certificate and badge.


Cute little guy.



Here's their whole crew. What great leaders they are.



He was so proud of all his apples and badges.



I love his side eye expression. We put that picture of him up on our fridge.



Samuel was up next. He has one more book to finish so it'll be fun for Samuel and Ezra to be Sparkies together next year.



He's squished next to Norah.



There were a lot of Sparkies! 



This upcoming year will be Evie's last of Awana and then I really might cry...or at least tear up since I don't cry too often. She looks so proud to have her little certificate.



 Eeeeee



These are the big kids!



Cousin Grace won the Sparks Honor Award! 



This is the same one Noah won in 2013



A boy and girl get it every year. Secretly Evie is hoping to get a special award next year though we always talk about how everyone works very hard every year. 



Way to go Grace! 



The Saturday before, April 28th, was an apologetic event hosted at our church with Sean McDowell as the speaker! It was super neat to hear him in person since his dad, Josh, was responsible for helping me defend my faith against the most unpleasant and challenging atheist lawyer that I worked for during my gap year before starting at SDSU in 2000 to 2001. I especially appreciated his little book, More Than a Carpenter, that Sean has recently re-edited along with his father. 



I was familiar with much that he spoke on but it was a great introduction to apologetics, or defending the faith, especially this chart. How can all faiths be true simultaneously when they are completely different at every core belief? 



Noah attended with Terry and I and he enjoyed it too. I liked his little list of notes.



And finally, cat feet. 😆

No comments:

Post a Comment