Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Mother's Day 2018

The day after the track meet was a busy one. I had to work that Saturday so Terry had the kids. It was the day before Mother's Day so once again he took the kids, all of them this time, to Pottery to Paint for them to make a gift for me. The last time they had been there was four years prior when they made my Mommy's Mocha Mug. And now coffee gives me heartburn. 😤



This time they painted coasters. Ezra loves to paint and just layered tons of it all over the thing.



Samuel's is very abstract.



Evie's is very Evie.



I like Noah's cats too.



After I got off work I went to Safeway along with everyone else in the city and bought some flowers for my mom. I hand delivered them afterwards too!  



We sat around and visited a little and laughed at their fat cat who can't even reach her belly. Ha! Then I had to rush home and make pizza for family movie night.



The following day, Mother's Day, we went to the ranch. For some reason I only took two photos even though I brought along my nice camera. I think the weather was bad. However, Evie did go outside to play for a little while. She returned with "flowers" for Gramma.



Presenting her gift.



The following day, a Monday, I received a call from my dad requesting immediate help. He and my mom were on their way home after a trip through the Hills and gassing up at Sams when they ran over a gigantic bolt that was in the road. He could hear it hitting the road as he drove. He was just hoping to make it home so he could take care of it there but it fell out when they were only a couple miles away. Immediate flat tire.



My uncle lives in their neighborhood but didn't answer their calls so I went to their rescue, along with all the kids. The tools I had in my van weren't adequate so I had to drive my dad to their house to fetch theirs. It didn't take long to get the spare on after that and we could find the giant hole in the tire. It would've been fun to have the bolt but who knows where it landed when it came out.



During piano later that afternoon (it ended up being a pretty busy day!), I took the boys to the store and then for Culvers custard. Yum. That's my kind of outing.



That evening Evie accompanied me to Jolly Lane Floral to buy one more Mother's Day gift, some peonies. I've really been wanting some. Hopefully they bloom next year because they're too busy getting their root system going to do much growing above the ground this year. 
Notice the rainbow behind Evie?


While we were there it rained a little but when it quit we wandered around a little. It's so beautiful there! 



Evie wanted to play a little but I just wanted pretty pictures. We both got what we wanted. 



Pretty girl and a pretty rose. 



The following day, May 15, I planted my peonies and the dahlias my sister had sent me. The popsicle sticks mark where they're planted. One peony is on the right most side of the picture.



The peony is on the left here and you can see the other dahlia sticks. In the fall I ripped out all my old salvias because they were worse than weeds. However, the salvias extensive roots kept bringing up new babies. Kill Kill KILL! All summer I keep digging them up and trying to rip out the deeper roots but I just never get them all. I very carefully applied Roundup to the new babies and they all seemed to have died. Yay! And as a bonus, like I said in this fall post, I did get my wish - peonies and dahlias! 



There's the second peony in that corner. The ground is wet where I planted zinnias. Everything is coming up nicely. I worried that some of the late dahlias wouldn't come up at all but they all have. I can't wait to have blooms to show!



Since I was hard at work outside, the kids were playing out there too. They had lunch outside too. Not a bad Mother's Day this year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment