Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Our 14th anniversary & other things that happened during VBS

Tuesday, June 19, our 14th anniversary fell smack dab in the middle of VBS. It always falls smack dab in some sort of church and/or youth group activity. Maybe we should've considered that when we picked the date...if we had known the future...but we didn't. So, we did what we could since we couldn't go out that night. We went out for a date afternoon. Noah is old enough now that he can watch the rest of the kids (with Evie's help), sort of... We went out to eat, got ice cream, and then remade our one and only favorite picture from our wedding, this one: 



Bam! 14 years later in front of that same tree.



Rewind to lunch at Tally's. We just stared into each others eyes like this. 



Yeah, we're boring like that.



DROOL. 



Then we drove over to Armadillos and indulged in some yumminess.



From there we went to the old church, which is now owned by the YMCA, and walked across the street to the tree that is in front of what used to be a funeral home but now is a day care center. I had looked through our wedding pictures before going out so we remade some of the other ones we had taken. Terry's cousin in law was our photographer and had us do some silly things. At one point Terry was supposed to be kissing my cheek but ended up putting his nose in my eye. You can tell in the picture that I'm trying not to laugh. 



So of course we had to remake that one too. HA!



Nope. This is how you kiss a cheek. See how simple it is?!



Not like this.



"Gah! I did it again!"



We took a ton of selfies and I'm including them because it's my blog and I think they're hilarious. Terry goes crazy every once in a while. Sometimes it makes me laugh.



More faces, still laughing.



I think he's contemplating putting his nose in my eye again.



That's a genuine laugh.



Oh so silly. That's how you kiss a cheek and not put your nose in your wife's eye.



Trying to get away from the goof.



Okay, lets try this for real.



Closer, but goofiness is encroaching. 



He's eyeing my eye.



Stay away from my eye!



"Um, not sure I can do that."



Oh my goodness, who did I marry? 



Hey, there's the one we've been trying to capture. It only took about 30 selfies.



And there's the beautiful big cottonwood tree.  



Here's a blast from the past. Everyone looks so much younger, except my dad. My dad looks the exact same.



"We just got married in dis church."



Dude. I was really really thin. I'd have to quit eating forever to get that skinny again. That's what happens when you have FOUR kids!



Look at how young Pastor Dave was! 



This is one of my favorite pictures that my sister took. NOM. GULP. 



We had an early afternoon wedding and left everyone hungry for dinner but we didn't care. We just wanted to get out of there. Off we go! Oh, plus that's the same car we still have and even drove on our date! The trusty, rusty Malibu! 



We took some better photos once we got to our cabin. 



He's got the ring! 



Such nice pictures with just our simple camera. 



I do like this one shot from when my dad was giving me away. Terry's crying like crazy and you can see a whole bunch of people in the pews. 


Anyway, happy anniversary to us! 

Back to the rest of the week that happened during VBS. We had one night with a crazy beautiful sunset that caused me to pull over in the gap to take a picture of it. 



We got home and I booked it outside to try to catch some shots of it. This was from the back yard. 



Then I climbed the hill behind our house for this one. 



I scared the deer but they just watched me. 



We've had so much more rain that usual that the grass was as tall as my waist! 



 Pretty bee or bug. 



Noah and Evie got new glasses just in February, but a couple months ago Evie broke her frames while playing with a big yoga ball at her cousin's house. It bounced off the wall into her face I think. That black tape on her left was holding it together for weeks and weeks. 



It was like this without the tape. 



Thankfully they found some glasses that fit her lenses and we only had to pay $6 to replace them since they were still under warrantee. Perfect! 



That same day we went to Scheels to exchange my anniversary gift, a Padogonia trucker hat Terry had got me. I was taking selfies to try to decide which one to get and the kids were pretty bored. Noah entertained himself with my spare hats. Ha!



I ended up choosing the purple one. I love it and wear it all the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment