Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Ezra learns to pedal & the fountains

On Terry's day off,  Friday June 29, Denise invited me to bike with her and then extended the invitation to her husband, Russ, and also Terry. Unfortunately Russ got sick and couldn't finish the ride with us and they both turned back.



Terry and I continued up Sunrise only to have to stop several times, like so many times. It was very hot and my heart rate went straight up to maximum in no time flat. Also, the trails were all more rocky than normal, I think due to all the heavy rain we've been having. At any rate, we made it to the top. 



Our mountain biking delayed the kids' wish to go downtown to the fountains so after dinner we rushed over there, only to arrive smack dab in the middle of a big rainstorm.



So the following morning I took them all by myself. Samuel all wet.



Evie all wet. 



Ezra all wet.



Noah not all wet.



The boys brought cups and balls to shoot into the air via the fountain water but otherwise they would pretend the water was shooting out of their butts. 😆😂



Ezra mostly copied Samuel who had done it first.



Then Samuel would block the water with his shirt...



...and Ezra would do the same.



Ezra just shot his blue ball up into the air on the right hand side of the frame.



When I was taking Ezra's picture he made me smile with the way he avoided actually looking at me. First he looked left, then right, and then almost directly at me. 



After lunch when daddy had returned from his Saturday morning meeting we all went to the park by my grandpa's old house to teach Ezra to peddle. Luna came too. 



It's the same place that Noah and Evie learned to bike although somehow we didn't take Samuel there...



Ezra had the balancing down to a science due to his years on the Strider bike, but pedals were a brand new thing to figure out.



It's a long way to reach for the rabbit ears Evie.



Daddy did the grunt work while I just took pictures.



He probably should've worn his running shoes! 



Believe it or not, he actually had balanced and pedaled a few times on his own at this point. 



I walked back and forth with them once or twice and then sat down since it was starting to rain and I had the nice camera along. Good thing I brought the umbrella. 



Just caught Samuel about to blink.



Noah taking shelter under a big cottonwood.



Rain.



The following Monday, July 2nd, we went on another training bike ride but in our neighborhood. 



He did fantastic that night. 



The first time down the hill he needed to be supported the entire time.



He did much better the second time!



As he went around the block he was going downhill and therefore mostly coasted. He knows how to coast really well and he looked fantastic. 



He looked like a pro by the time we got back up to the top of our street!

No comments:

Post a Comment