Thursday, September 18, 2008

more birthday surprises

For Tuesday lunch, Terry surprised me by saying he wanted to go over to his aunt and uncle's house to get a bit to put a hole in our picnic table for the umbrella. He also said we should try not to be too late b/c of it getting cold out earlier. I thought this was a little strange b/c he doesn't usually initiate things like that. So we go over, a little late despite all we could do (I had to pick up Snap from the vet 20 miles from here b/c he got snipped).

We were visiting w/the fam and when I tried to get Terry to hold Evie, he said he had to go the bathroom. Noah of course followed him. When he came out again I heard Noah behind me say "candles" and turned around to see Terry bringing me a chocolate-chocolate cake w/27 lighted candles. Yeah, pretty good huh?! He can surprise me I guess. I didn't suspect a thing.

But more surprises were to come.

He gave me a sheet of notebook paper w/a poem hand written on it:

--I did not get you "27 Dresses"
for your 27th B-day.
Instead I made you 27 messages
that you will discover on Wednesday.

Each message is a clue
leading to what you must do
to discover your next notes
which will be hidden though not too remote

I hope you have fun on
this little quest
Though I don't want it to
keep you from getting your rest
I did this to give you a
little fun
And maybe you can share it with your daughter and son.

I hope that you know I love you.
If I liked tobacco you'd be my chew
Happy Birthday, Eva, my wife
I'm glad God made you a huge part of my life!--

So, after putting Noah and Evie to bed, I embarked on this great adventure birthday scavenger hunt. And hour and a half later, I was done. Pictures to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment