Saturday, September 6, 2008

on knowing the difference b/w flavors

I'm afraid to say that lately, we've had a couple poor customer service interactions. I'm no expert on this. No wait, I am. I worked at Mt. Rushmore for 5 summers + where tourists, no matter how clueless, are always right. I was a waitress (yes, even if it was only for a week!) and know that customers deserve to get what they order. That's the whole point of eating out - being served. Otherwise we might as well stay home and do it ourselves. Terry would prefer we do this since he says my food is always better anyway (thanks hon, I do enjoy my food too).

Anyway, we've all heard that the customer is always right, even if they're not, even if they only think they are and they're really not. The point is, give them what they want to keep them happy and coming back and giving you money.

Maybe she had a grumpy day but the lady who interacted with us over our shake was just really bad at this customer service thing.


I just want to know one thing. Can you tell the difference b/w the colors of these two shakes?:



One is chocolate and one is peanut butter. Or so, that's what we said. The lady who owned the place refused to admit that.

Good customer service example? Last Sunday when Terry's parents were here and we went to Whiskey Creek for birthday lunch. I clearly asked for the loaded baked potato, but thought in my head that I wanted the loaded sweet potato. He didn't hear in my head, just what came out of my mouth. Now, I thought I'd go ahead and ask b/c I really did want to try that sweet potato that Terry always has and really raves about. So I asked the waiter. He didn't even blink. He said sure and brought it out to me RIGHT away. What great service.

Tower Motel in Canby, MN. Poor customer service. Story here. Don't ever stay there folks. They don't treat you right, just like shake lady.

I don't think we'll be getting any more of her shakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment