Thursday, September 25, 2008

we made his day

Noah can get obsessive. I think he gets it from his mama. I get so into things sometimes. I LOVED Jennifer Knapp for the longest time. Then I LOVED Caedmon's Call. Then I LOVED Derek Webb. I LOVED Lord of the Rings. I LOVED Harry Potter. Now I LOVE LOST. I LOVE The Office. I LOVE Heroes. Yeah, I get quite excited about some things. Terry doesn't quite understand it.
.
Noah is obsessed with Thomas the Tank Engine. He LOVES to play with his Thomas. He LOVES the books. He LOVES the videos.

Prior to today, he only had one Thomas engine to play with, and the jet engine it came with. He is the littler metal version that doesn't fit on the normal wood tracks. So, after a visit to my friend Karla's house last week where her youngest boy has like just about every Thomas train available and Noah had SUCH a good time, we decided this might be something we could start investing in. However, the nice wood trains that fit on the wood tracks are expensive - $15-$20 for just one. Terry went in to the North Platte Walmart to get him one as a treat last weekend and they didn't even have any! So, that left us with almost no options.

Thank goodness for the internet here in the barren Nebraska cornfields.

When we got home Terry hopped on Ebay and bid on one set that looked good out of like 12 pages - 40 engines all in pretty good shape for a reasonable price. Of course, when he started bidding, the price went up, but he won with a good price too. Something like $3-$4 a train. Don't do the math... HA! Or else you'll know how much we spent.

So the package came today and we sneakily gave Noah a few new toys and hid the rest. He got a Thomas, Annie and Clarabel (his coaches), and Thomas' friend Percy, so he had someone to play out the stories with. Yeah, Noah's always telling the stories as he plays. Quite cute.


1 comment:

  1. i've seen this a few times...i absolutely hate that show! the voices drive me nuts! is that ok??

    Megan

    ReplyDelete