Saturday, September 27, 2008

the obedient boy

Some people seem surprised at the way I've been potty training Noah. I can sit him on the potty and leave and he'll stay there. It's just that simple. I tell him he needs to stay there until he goes potty and he does stay put. - I have to do it this way b/c he doesn't understand certain cues his body gives him to tell him it's time to go. - He usually always stays there until I come back to check on him, which is quite often. I just leave when I need to do something - put the dog out, get Evie in her chair, change her diaper, answer the phone, whatever.

Today I had to wash the laundry and since Noah wasn't going as quickly as what he's been doing lately, I told him to stay there while I started the clothes. He did. When I was done a few minutes later, Evie was whining in her toy, but more importantly, Noah was doing some considerable crying. He's been known to fake some crying to get out of going potty, but this wasn't one of those times.

So I rushed in there and sat down on the edge of the tub and asked him what was wrong. And he, with tears running down his face, told me there was a spider. I looked all around him and said that I didn't see a spider and told him he could get down. So he rushes over to me, sits on my lap, puts his arms around my neck and cries, telling me over and over, Spider, spider, spider on the wall, scared, scared. Poor guy.

Yeah, so I let him off the hook for going potty. =) I told him we'd go get dressed and put him down to follow me to his room. I was in the doorway to his room and he wasn't with me so I turned around and saw that he was just closing the bathroom door. Here you have to understand that I always leave the bathroom open, and so does Noah. Noah said "Bye bye spider" and locked it in the bathroom. ... Awww

In the bedroom he said he was safe now.

Oh, and Noah loves Charlotte's Web so I don't know what his deal is.

No comments:

Post a Comment