Saturday, November 15, 2008

a day goes from bad to worse...

So. Today has been a bad day for me. I won't go into personal details about how I messed other things up this morning and yesterday and the day before, but it seems to be one thing after another lately. And the day's not done yet.

Terry has to preach and lead music tomorrow and therefore has a lot to do. To help him out, the kids and I walked to the church to bring him a late lunch so he could get more done. When he went to pull up all his recent work on his computer, he found that somehow it didn't save. Not everything was gone, just what he'd done recently.

Then I went to the store. My plan was to get in and out quickly b/c Evie was cran-ky and needed a nap. I grabbed my keys out of my pocket and threw them up front like I often do and then buckled Evie in and shut the door. Then I went around to the other side of the van to buckle Noah in and found that the door was locked. Yeah, my baby was locked in the car. Somehow I had hit the lock button accidentally.

So I called Terry who had to run home, literally, to find the spare key - I took the van he had driven to church since we had walked there. One problem, there was no spare key. So he drove down to the store and went across the street to the police station. The police man was there quickly and so was a guy with a slim jim and they got it open right away. In all it was only like 10-15 minutes and she was happy playing with her feet for the most part. But the police man just happened to be the same one that wrote me up for that accident with our silver van in May. Yeah. He even said he remembered... How humiliating.

I tell you, I really can't do anything right today.

1 comment: