Saturday, November 8, 2008

Terry is injured

In Terry's senior year of high school he chipped his foot in a motorcycle accident on the ranch - something about jumping a big hill. Consequently he was on crutches for 6 weeks and couldn't finish out his football season.

He came home 2 Saturday's ago limping. He had been playing basketball with a high school student, his dad and a teacher/coach. He went to do a layup and planted his left foot on the dad's foot and rolled it. When he told me he rolled it, I assumed it was his ankle. No, it was his foot...somehow. He wasn't sure if this was the same foot injured in high school, but we kinda bet it was. I suggested, with all of my nurse schooling to back me up, that he go to the doctor. =). Terry thought it would be fine and limped around for over a week. These shots are from a week later.

Currently, he's no longer limping, but the bone is still big and it still hurts. Perhaps we'll make a visit to the foot clinic that's in town once a month...

It's the outside of his foot and it's way swollen...and below his toes are bruised.

Had to wash my counter after these shots. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment