Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Halloween

For Halloween Gothenburg does a "Munchin Masquerade." It's a safe, family friendly way to take your kids trick or treating. All the little kids and their parents line up outside the Chamber of Commerce downtown and are given a bag, a list of participating businesses and some starter candy. We didn't go last year b/c he didn't know about it until too late.

We knew about it this year but I'm really terrible about planning ahead for these kinds of things. It's like I wait for some cheap, easy, cute costume idea to pop into my head. This rarely happens. So Noah was "Rock Star Noah" and Evie was a frog thanks to that cute hat my mom made and a green outfit I just happened to have. I explained to Noah that he was going to be a rock star just like Sheep on Word World, who especially likes to dress up. She comes on with her hair all spiked and a guitar and says, "I'm Rock Star Sheep. Lets rock!" Noah has no idea what this means, but I thought it would help him understand why we were doing it. He said, "No rock star Noah, I'm Noah!" and went on to tell me how he wanted a video. That is his normal routine - nap and then video of his choice. But this was so much more fun that a video, if only he would get that. He seemed more hopeful when he told him it was like a parade...

He was sullen for the longest time, through me spiking his hair, giving him his guitar and microphone, getting Evie ready and getting in the car. Daddy hopped in when were ready and we headed downtown. Noah stayed grumpy until he got we went around to a few businesses and started filling his bag. Then he was all about saying "trick out treat" and "thank you!" It was quite cute after that.

The poor guy got scared quite a bit though. I'm sure you an imagine. There were the scary costumes of course - skeletons and the like. But the ones that frightened him the most were the ones we seemed to follow the whole time - Spiderman and The Incredible Hulk. Whenever he saw one he would yell, "Scared!" and try to climb my leg. Poor kid. It's so nice to see his innocence but also sad.

We forgot to take any pictures while on the trail, but here's us afterwards. Noah's hair is deflated.


Is she singing or tasting?







1 comment: