Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Eva is injured now


I missed church on Sunday b/c I totally sprained or strained my back. I worked out on Saturday and felt fine, just a little tired. The only "back" exercise I did was the stomach cruncher machine where you select the weight you want, sit and push the thing down by flexing at your middle.

Anyway, just as we were about to walk out the door for church (early, I might add), I went to put Snap in his kennel. I lifted him with my back, not legs, and carried him half bent over for like 8 steps. By the time I got to the kennel, my back felt like it had a little pinch in it. Ever get that? And then it goes away? I thought it would go away when I stood up but it got worse! I couldn't stand up and it hurt so bad I couldn't hardly sit either. I like collapsed onto the fouton and inched myself back in it. It was burning like I've never felt before, took my breath away. My mom helped me onto the floor and my dad gave me instructions b/c his back hurts him all the time (my parents were here Tuesday through Sunday).

So I'm on the floor doing all these weird stretches and I'm obviously not going to make it to church. That was a bummer b/c it was Terry's first day with the high schoolers again for Sunday School (or D40 as he likes to call it - Discovery 40...it's supposed to be "Discovery Hour" but we never have that much time, more like 40 minutes) and I wanted to be able to help him. I texted him, "I really hurt my back. Can't come." He didn't get it until he'd been home for a couple hours. I read the text over his shoulder and we had a good laugh.

So I had like the laziest Sunday ever of resting on the couch and gingerly walking around.

Yesterday, Monday, was a little better but still a lot of pain. Today is ever better - just a little pain.

I'm already in better shape than Terry's foot. =)

2 comments:

  1. You must learn to lift with your legs! Remember when we were working the Spearfish bike race and you hurt your back there? You shouldn't make a habit of this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I forgot about that! Yes, I need to remember to lift w/the legs.

    ReplyDelete