Wednesday, March 4, 2009

MOPS - MEN of Preschoolers

Yesterday in MOPS Terry spoke w/3 others on their first ever Men's Panel. It went quite well and though I might be a little biased, I thought he was the most insightful. =) I was also able to participate w/Terry and the other couples in the Newly Wed game. We were the couple who'd been married the least amount of time and perhaps that's why we did so poorly - we only got 1 out of 5 correct!

Yeah, Terry thought our sheets were blue (they're green), that we last laughed together when watching Talladega Nights (we laughed that morning about something else), thought my first gift to him was a Coke (I thought it was a Spiderwoman I made myself b/c that was the story he made for me due to my spider scar...), said his favorite meal I make was spiral sandwiches (I thought it was pizza). The only one we got right was my favorite snack food before bed - 2 cookies. We both had quite a wad of gum when we were through. Yuck.

Anyway, I thought it was a little ironic that Terry said his favorite food was the spiral sandwiches b/c I was planning on making them that night. Yeah, I made ham and bean soup w/a recipe off Cook's Country and the sandwiches which were from a King Arthur magazine my mom gave me. I used ham hocks for flavor (instead of a bone, I suppose) for the first time ever - they are apparently pig legs... Did I just ruin the soup for you?

The fam ready to eat the yumminess.


Check out the exquisite folding and baking I did.

5 comments:

  1. Noah looks exceptionally excited to eat! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like tht mens panel idea. I'm on the leadership team with our group...maybe I'll suggest it as an idea for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm. looks good! sorry about how you and terry don't know anything about each other- well, at least none of the TRULY crucial things, like favorite foods.... ha!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think i need the recipe for those sandwiches. they look yummy!

    ReplyDelete