Sunday, March 1, 2009

poor Evie

Notice anything strange here, besides Terry's sweet Wii bowling follow-through?

How about here?
And now...?

Now it's unmistakable...


This afternoon was a lazy one for us, such as is our Sunday custom. Terry was asleep on the floor, worn out from a cold, Noah was playing w/his cars and ramp, Evie was cruising around by the back garage door and I was awaiting a high school girl for our small group and hence I was located in the living room checking facebook... The student arrived and as we walked towards the big room, we heard a noise like the door slamming and then Evie crying. When I walked in the room and saw Terry wide awake, holding Evie w/something red on her forehead. At first I thought it was just something that was stuck on there off of the floor, like one of those Indian things, but as I got closer I realized it was blood.
.
Poor Evie. She fell and bonked her little head open - quite a little gash. We think she fell and hit the hinge on the back door since that's where she was at, but we didn't see it... I feel really bad about that. Our house is pretty kid proof, or so I thought.
.
So I gave her some motrin, cleaned it up and put her to bed. She had a poor nap and when she got up her band aid was soaked through. I went to Pamida to fetch some butterfly band aids but they didn't have any! So I grabbed some steri-strips which worked well to pull the cut together. I called the ER doctor on call and he thought that would be fine. But I'm gonna have Dr. Hult look at it tomorrow.
.
Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. Good job Nurse Eva! The wound looks like it was taken care of quite well. : ) Evester is quite tough...even if her forehead isn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahaaaah!!!! What did you do to my baby *#+>*%$#@

    ReplyDelete