Wednesday, July 8, 2009

July 4

We were invited to our friends' cabin for the 4th of July - Royce and Brenda, which is also the chiropractor =). There are a couple of popular lakes around here and lotza people have cabins on them. I don't even remember which one we went to but we've been to both. I think I like theirs best.

It was a great time and I even got in the water towards the end! No pictures of that thankfully! But here are some of everyone else =)

I'm painting Evie's toenails red to be patriotic and match mine (I did her fingers too but that didn't go as well). She does pretty good at staying still, mostly b/c she's interested, not b/c she knows to. If she sees me painting mine, she whines and hollers until I do hers too.

Evie needed a life jacket even though she didn't swim b/c the lawn goes right down to the edge of the lake. It drops about 4 feet to the water. It made us all nervous so we kept a close eye on her.
Plus, I had help. Here is Cheryl watching her so I can have a little more freedom.

Doesn't she look funny?

Terry is such a good daddy. He played for hours out in lake w/Noah even though he didn't really want to get wet.

I was really far away but our zoom is pretty good. Terry's tossing the boy.

Noah spent most of his time lounging on this inflated turtle. It was just his size. That way daddy could play w/other kids too b/c there were youth group students there as well.

Emily and Erica check in on Noah.

Even though we've been here for two years, I'm still not used to the fireworks. Everyone shoots off fireworks in town like a week before the 4th. And even after the 4th is over. I'm used to it being illegal to shoot them off in town. But I guess you can here... We bought $5 worth and we got our moneys worth. They were pretty lame =)

Noah plays w/his "paratrooper." The chute didn't open and there wasn't even a guy attached to it, just a card board tube. Noah got to stay up til almost 11pm watching the real fireworks at the lake w/daddy. He left when daddy yawned and Noah said, Let's go home. That's a record for our boy. They never stay up that late! Well, Evie was in bed by like 930 but still.

No comments:

Post a Comment