Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Nathan and Ana's wedding

The forecast for that Saturday, June 27th, was originally a 70% chance of afternoon thunderstorms. The day before they were saying a 30% chance... The morning of the wedding dawned overcast and chilly. By 130pm it was pouring down rain. The wedding took place at 3pm with the same overcast sky and chilly temperatures but NO rain. And actually, I wonder if that helped with pictures - no squinting or shadows.
.
Anyway, the wedding was beautiful. I had never been to such a gorgeous wedding. Ana's mother had previously been a florist and I'd venture to say that she was a pretty good one =). She did all the flowers, obviously, but the other decorations and centerpieces as well. It was just amazing, especially from my point of view; this South Dakota girl who has very little decorating and creative sense.
.
I was a hostess so I was there early helping to decorate. Caryn hot glued all these flowers to blue, green and white ribbons and we hung them from the large, open picture windows of the shelter. There were hanging balls of flowers alternating w/large glass vases w/more flowers. It was just all so pretty.
.
The shelter

The decorations still needing to be put up. See the ribbons and flower balls?

The head table and centerpieces.

The alter.

The chairs.
If you would like to see nearly all of the photos, just go to my facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=105433&id=610031113&l=5afff67c3c

Here is Nathan and Ana at the alter that her dad made. He is a carpenter and has a shop in their basement. It's a family of creativity!







Here is Noah in the kitchenette we and my parents and sister stayed in - all 7 of us. Noah is all dressed up and ready to head out into the rain for pictures.

Nathan awaits his bride!

Here is my Noah and the other Noah holding hands. It was so sweet. When it was time for them all to sit down, Noah wanted to stay w/his new best friend as he called him. I should have let him b/c when I separated them, my Noah just cried and made a scene. Terry had to take both our kids to the shelter and didn't see much of the wedding =(.

Ana's dad, Mike, brings her to Nathan. My parents are in the background. And yeah, Terry is taking the photos at this point, sitting on the bride's side w/my other family... =)


They listened to the pastor give a comparison of how computers can be male or female... I forget what his point was, but it was pretty funny. Then they listened to a song.

Then they washed each other's feet after Jesus' example to demonstrate that they want to serve each other in their marriage.

Evie was happy to have a cookie and this other little girl was trying to grab it from her.

Mommy and daughter. The wind and humidity didn't make for a good hair day... And I was so cold that I wore my frumpy jacket the whole time, except during the wedding when my aunt said she could see giant goose-bumps on my shoulders from behind me.

It took several shots to get all four boys to sit still enough for a photo. Noah was smiling like a yawn w/his mouth wide open.

I think he had just kissed Ana. When we were just arriving for the rehearsal dinner, Noah told Terry that he wanted to get married too and he wanted to marry Ana =)

The boys were all swinging so I ran down that hill and snatched a shot. So cute.

A mischievous little squirrel playing in the foot washing basin. She got soaked.

More photos ops. Man, I remember from our wedding that my face hurt from all the smiling and pictures.

Me, Nathan, Mom and Dad.

Yeeeeeeah! I have a new sister. I like her!

Here they are about to depart. Ana changed into this dress for their drive that Nathan picked out for her.

1 comment:

  1. All of the pictures look so great! I'm glad the rain held off. So exciting to see wedding pics! : ) 15 days until our big day!!!

    ReplyDelete