Wednesday, July 29, 2009

things i should have known about laundry...

That's right. I should've known better than to let these two mistakes take place.
.
Mistake #1: Washing jeans w/shirts. Rather, washing unzipped zippers together in the same load as things you would rather not get torn up. For the longest time I thought I had some kind of moth that would do this to my clothes. When I mentioned it to my mom, she knew my offense. She knew that she had taught me better...

.
Mistake #2: Apparently you can't soak a knit shirt in mostly bleach for too long. That must have been the problem, it was just for too long? I began soaking it on Monday and remembered it today as I started laundry. It looked fine in the bucket but when I put my hand in to grab it out, it just tore apart. I have no idea if the bottle would have warned me of this taking place. But why would I read that?

.

Mistake #3: Apparently I shouldn't blog while Evie is awake. Or, I must remember to make sure all toilet lids are shut. You can guess what happened. I'm typing away at this and hear the splash of water. She was in the guest bath playing in the toilet. Hope the Thompson's remembered to flush!

3 comments:

  1. Eva,
    I feel SOOOO stupid! I thought those were moth holes too! I even bought stuff to put in our drawers to keep the bugs away from our t-shirts! I have never heard that about zippers! =(

    Karla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eva! Thanks for sharing your laundry woes. I have heard of bleach deteriorating clothes. Bummer! Earlier this summer I washed the skirt I got in Honduras and it bled and ruined two of my favorite tank tops! ARGH!!!! Hope laundry starts looking better for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am enlightened by the zipper story...I think now that I've been having the same problem.

    ReplyDelete