Thursday, July 30, 2009

Shari and Jesse's wedding

What can I say about Shari and Jesse's wedding? It was great! We were definitely honored to stand up for Shari and Jess =). Terry was twice honored to give the message for their marriage... And I'll tell you what, it was a really phenomenal message. And I'm not just saying that b/c I "should" since I'm his wife and all. It was so great. It definitely added to the specialness of the ceremony.
.



.
Okay, so back up. We arrived Thursday. I viewed Shari's final, stunning dress fitting and got my first real pedicure and manicure w/the other three bridesmaids, Rosanne, Jamie and Anna.
.
Waiting to be pampered...
.
Friday was mostly spent at the church decorating. The fellowship hall in the basement looked much better than at our wedding, which was at the same church. Then of course was the rehearsal. Noah was to be their ring bearer but had a really difficult time practicing. He just wouldn't do it for whatever reason - tiredness, new people, I really don't know. It added some stress to the practice, but it turned out all right for the real deal, thankfully.

.
For the rehearsal dinner we had a barbecue at a shelter in Canyon Lake Park. It was a nice, laid back affair. After putting the kids to bed at my parents, I went out w/the girls to Ruby Tuesday. I know I'm a pastor's wife and all, but I had my first margarita. It was just okay... They didn't blend it. Then we had a lot of fun in their hotel room. I haven't had that much fun in so long - I seriously can't remember when.
.
Saturday, I spent a lot of time getting ready. As an aside, I really don't know how women daily spend that much time on their appearance. The curling of the hair and the extra make up... It's just not for me. But it was fun to look really nice for the wedding. By the time I got to the church, Shari was ready and it was time for pictures. Shari and Jesse saw each other beforehand, but did it in a really special way. No one else but the photographers were allowed in the sanctuary. Jesse was at the alter w/his back turned. As Shari began walking down the aisle, he turned around and the photographers captured both of their reactions. None of us watched, though we could have, disobediently. It took a lot of self control not to peek!
.
We took tons of pictures which reminded me how tired of smiling I got at my own wedding. I could never be a model - all that fake posing and smiling. Ug.
.
The wedding began at 2pm. I was SO excited. Shari had waited a long time for this day and I was just so happy for her. .
Noah and Kynlee (Terry's cousin's eldest) did a fantastic job and ring bearer and flower girl. Of course, we did bribe Noah. We got him a brand new Thomas train for doing so well!
.
.
.
.
.
As I said already, the ceremony was amazing. It was just so moving. You could palpably tell that God was in their union. Before we left the get-ready-room to line up, Jamie offered me a tissue to hide in my bouquet but I declined b/c I don't usually cry for these kinds of things. But the look on Jesse's face as he listened to Terry's message and the music, studying Shari's face was just indescribable. I felt like I was intruding on something private. So...I cried a little =).
.
.
The reception was quite fast, or at least it seemed like it to me. I missed some of the best man's hilarious speech (he gave Jesse bikini briefs =) b/c Evie came over and spit up her entire huge mouthful of peanuts on my dress. Classic.
.
.
.


And then they were gone. That part always makes me a little sad for whatever reason. It's probably a little kinda strange and selfish, but I always do get a little bummed when they leave.
...
Terry and I drove separate so he could leave Sunday morning for Jr. Challenge camp at Maranatha. I stayed til Wednesday. This way I was able to see Shari and Jesse open gifts Monday evening - they didn't leave for their honeymoon to Redlodge, Montana til that Friday. We got them a nice clock and lamp off their registry. I was glad too. They got a lot of kitchen stuff, which is course necessary but not as fun for setting up house.
.
Oh, and just to reiterate just how great and moving the wedding was... The photographer and his wife came to Terry's parents church the next morning. He said he came b/c he'd never been to a wedding like that, ever, and wanted to see what kind of church would have such a wedding. What a testimony!
.
If you want to see all my pictures, I put most of them on facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=110427&id=610031113&l=e2c77c56fb

2 comments:

  1. If I remember correctly, did you have your first pedicure at the beauty college for my wedding? I have a picture of you getting your toes soaked and painted.... Hmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eva, great job on the blog! :) It was a highly enjoyable day! I am looking forward to getting the pro pics! Lova ya sis!

    ReplyDelete