Friday, February 5, 2010

a first for Noah

The last time I was at the dentist (six months ago), Terry brought Noah along to get him used to the idea of starting to go. All the dentist did was count his teeth and say they looked pretty healthy. Pretty low stress.

So today I had my teeth cleaned and Terry brought Noah afterwards to get his done as well. We weren't sure at all how it would go. I distinctly remember worrying about this back home when the hygienist would ask about Noah and mention how even a two year old could come in. I thought, "Not my two year old! Have you seen him get his hair cut?!"

But apparently he's grown up since then (he IS almost 5 - so hard to believe). Noah did SO great! There wasn't a single tear or anxious moment. He giggled and acted really silly and answered questions and showed off his clean (cavity free) teeth

Here Noah is waiting for his x-ray's to come back. I wasn't in the room for those, but it sounded like he did fine.

I can't even remember what Katrina is doing to Noah here (she goes to our church!) but he was handling it well.

This is their computer screen showing us the x-rays. He only had to bite down from the front, not for those awkward back teeth. Look, you can see his permanent teeth under his baby teeth!!! They're ready to come in soon.

I had to come in with Evie b/c she has to be with brother wherever he is. Oh, and daddy is pretty great too.

Here she is polishing Noah's teeth. He picked the grape flavor stuff. He laughed at this point b/c it tickled and the suction didn't phase him at all.

Katrina thought he was doing so well that she did a fluoride treatment just like the big people do! She filled the little trays with mouse looking fluoride stuff and he had to bite down on it for one minute. I hate doing this only b/c I drool all over the place. Yuck. But Noah did great. He was chomping down on the thing and laughing. What a big boy!

Here is the dentist. All he did was count Noah's teeth b/c he's the "best teeth counter." No cavities!!! What a silly boy, he has his mouth wide open for the teeth counter to look in =)

And here is the video from my cell, which is why it's so grainy...

No comments:

Post a Comment