Friday, February 5, 2010

LOST...("poof" sound effect)

I LOVE LOST. I love it. I'm a huge fan. Well, not big enough to watch extra stuff online or play games or discuss theories in chat rooms, but I thoroughly enjoy this show. I do like it well enough to know some of the actors names and some things about them though. I like it more than Heroes or even The Office. I love this show.

Of course, I was raised on Star Trek and Star Wars so supernatural stuff always kinda gets me (again Heroes). Plus, there are a lot of spiritual themes, even Biblical ones (!), on this show. It's so enjoyable.

So here is one piece of artwork depicting what's going on this season. I have no idea what's happening or why but I draw comfort that this is the final season and they have to start revealing things. But the entire show is built on questions and intrigue. If you like things spelled out, then you don't like LOST. So this photo is intriguing. Buildings in the background?!

I love Locke. And I really enjoy Ben. He's such a great bad guy. So slimy and manipulative. You just can't trust him. And I like Kate.

And now, what's up with this. Last supper much? See what I meant about Biblical themes? And there's Locke at the center. Hmmmm. The thing is they do everything on purpose on this show. Everything means something. I love it.

So here's Kate Austen. Her real name is Evangeline Lilly. Here's some 4 Bears trivia for you. We came up with Evie's name based on this woman's.
I always loved the name Evie. The first place I heard it was on the movie The Mummy. Except her name is Evelyn and they call her Evie. I liked Evelyn but Terry didn't so when I found out that this actress went by Evi (how she spells it) and her name was Evangeline, it was perfect.

And that's how we came up with our little squish's name - Evangeline...Evie.

And I've read that she is a Christian but it's difficult to know anything for sure based on journalists, right?

Anyway, I LOVE LOST and I'm not about to jump ship or complain about where the show is going. I guess I have faith that it's going to be cool how they explain everything and end it. I'm in it til the end baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment