Saturday, February 20, 2010

LOTR is the coolest

If anyone actually reads this, I apologize in advance for the boringness. I'm a huge dork. But no one will probably ever find out b/c no one reads this!

I love The Lord of the Rings. I had never heard of them until the first movie came out while I was in college, Christmas of 2001. I happened to be in Chicago at my Gramma's house. After we got back from the movie, I borrowed my uncle's copy of The Hobbit and devoured it. When we got home again, I borrowed LOTR from the library and read all three in just about one or two weeks.

I remember finishing Return of the King at school and being really depressed for like a week b/c of what happens to Frodo in the end.

Terry and I started dating about six months later in 2002. In fact, one of the first conversations I had with him on a sled behind a four wheeler was about these books =). For Christmas, he bought me The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings on CD! It was the perfect gift, I tell you what. I have listened to them so many times.







But alas, they are getting scratched up. So for 2009's Christmas Terry got me an MP3 player! He spend countless hours downloading all the CDs into Windows Media Player on our old laptop. Then he got them on the GPX easily enough.

It was a great gift, but the GPX was so hard to use. Terry felt bad and got a different MP3 player - a Sansa. So we went to upload the CDs from WMP to the Sansa and it would not work.

None of the CDs or audio tracks were in order, no matter what we did. Frustrated, we gave up these last two months.

But last week an ipod presented itself. It's used, like a 3rd generation I think. But it works. So Terry set to work downloading the CDs into iTunes. But then when he went to sync (upload) them, they were out of order! ARG! I did not give up though. I found a wonderful website that solved all of our problems. Aldo is a genius.

So I've got everything working. It's taking a while to upload everything, but then again, I do have 56 CDs to get through. And these babies are long. But I listened to what I downloaded on the ipod while I worked out this morning and it worked! YAYYYYYYY!

2 comments:

  1. 1. What do you mean, no one reads this? I check in regularly!
    2. I wouldn't say you're a dork after managing to figure out all that confusing & frustrating tech stuff. Very tenacious & clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel a little insulted but then again I'm your're mom. I guess I don't count :( No I'm kidding I'll change that to :) Love that you were able to fix what must have been a very frustrating mess!!

    ReplyDelete