Tuesday, April 6, 2010

our first easter egg hunt

That's right. This was our first, ever, Easter egg hunt. Just call me lazy or uniformed, but I have never been in "the know" as far as when the town egg hunt is. Apparently I read over it in the paper.

Anyway, the only reason we got one done this year is b/c Terry is awesome. He picked up everything while I was laying around recovering from my appendectomy. All I did was clip out an article about resurrection eggs, but he made that happen as well. Way to go Terry!

The kids are eagerly awaiting the GO, but they needed their instructions. They were only allowed to get their own eggs: "N" for Noah and "E" for Evie. So really, Noah just couldn't take all of Evie's. Then there were 6 numbered eggs for the special resurrection thing that either of them could pick up.

Daddy helped push Noah up high enough to reach this egg

Looks like Noah just found one that I had hid in the fence.

It took him a while and us having to practically tell him exactly where to look for him to see this egg, but he got it in the end =)

#1: The bread is like Jesus body, broken for us.

And then Evie ate the bread

#2: The 30 cents were meant to signify the 30 silver coins Jesus was betrayed for.

#3: Thorns for Jesus crown

#4: A cross, where Jesus died for us

#5: Noah got this right, which surprised me. It's a rock where they laid Jesus, or what they rolled over the tomb.

#6: An empty egg - Jesus is risen, He is risen indeed.

And then they dug in to their candy.

Yum yum

No comments:

Post a Comment