Noah has these really neat shutters covering the windows in his room. I really like them, but wanted them to match the paint a little better. While I was home once this summer, I picked up some fabric I liked on sale and have been saving it until my mom would be able to come down and help me. My parents have been here a few days so we got to work yesterday afternoon.
Here is the "before" look. The inside of the shutters were black-out curtains to darken the room. The outside of the shutters was striped red and white.
Here is my mom taking out the thumb tacks holding the fabric down.
One shutter free
Dad is enjoying the new deck chairs I got for my birthday. It was gorgeous outside.
Here is the new fabric
Mom "let me" cut the fabric to fit the shutters. Ha ha
Here she is cutting the darkening shade down a little. Next we glued the shade to the back of the new fabric and then stapled it down to the shutter. Lastly, she stapled another layer of fabric over the shade so that both sides of the shutter would have a nice pattern.
Bam! Looks great I think! Not very "masculine" but hey, I didn't want something like Cars or Spiderman =)
Now the shutters look really great while they're open as well as when they're shut.