Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Noah is learning

We are doing preschool at home with Noah and it's going pretty good. I wouldn't say I'm stressing about it by any means. Just really laid back. We work on the calendar, a memory verse, coloring, writing, reading and I read a few stories.

Here are a couple shots of his writing. I think Evie will have a much easier time with it, but like I said, I'm not stressed. We're just getting into the basics. He's learning. Usually we have a sheet of words or a sentence that we read first and then he writes over the words. Today we just did his name.


The first line is what the curriculum has me do with him - there are exercises to go along with these words as well. We've done his name for two days and have been working on the letter E.


He has been learning to read from these "Fun Tales" books that are very short with little words that build upon each other. At first he was very frustrated with it. So I backed off and just sounded out the words to him and gradually had him start sounding sounds out. I've been surprised at how well he remembers the sounds. I mean, of course he gets them a little messed up, but he's doing pretty well for it being so laid back. I think so anyway.

So here is a video of him reading his little book. I had Noah read it to Terry last night and daddy was way proud and took him out for ice cream today. It was the sixth day we've read it so I'm sure most of it is just memorized, but still, he's doing pretty good =) He's remembering to sound words out.

2 comments:

  1. i think you are doing a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great! Good job Noah on sounding out the word "tugs"! : )

    ReplyDelete