Wednesday, January 15, 2014

guns and a birthday

Last weekend Terry headed out to the ranch to celebrate his dad's birthday with the kids. They left early in the day to split some more wood while Ezra napped at home with me. When I arrived I found them like this, enjoying Gramma and Grampa's Christmas gifts to themselves - new recliners.



After a yummy lunch of grilled protein (hamburgers, bratwursts and chicken drumsticks), we headed outside for some target practice. After all, Noah had to try out his new BB gun target my folks got him for Christmas.



Here are a couple of Noah's first shots. 



Poor Evie didn't have much to do. Just like me when I was little, she's not into shooting stuff. 



But now that I'm older, I think it's a lot of fun! For target practice it is anyway. I don't fancy shooting animals though. Unless they come after my kids! This is my very first time shooting Jerry's pistol. Yeah, I was a little nervous. 



I was worried I completely missed the target (we were about 35 yards away) but I did hit it at least twice :) 



Noah's photobomb! 



She and Girly the dog didn't like the pistol's noise so they hung out (hid) in Grampa's truck. 



It's pretty out there. And the weather was perfect. 



Terry is instructing Noah on how to shoot our new .22 rifle. Grampa brought his out as well. Our scope was way off so they spent most of their time adjusting it. 



When we were almost done, Terry let Noah shoot the pistol a couple times.



He even hit the target! 



"Can we go four wheeling yet?" 
Fun fact: The house in the background is where Terry and I used to live before we moved to Nebraska nearly eight years ago. We brought baby Noah home to that house. Crazy!


Terry's turn with the pistol. 



Time to go, time to go! 



Upon completion of our fun outside, we headed back to the house for some cake for Grampa. Happy birthday Grampa! 

No comments:

Post a Comment