Sunday, June 29, 2008

upsetting news

So, Terry left last night for Salt Lake City with the youth group from here and a neighboring one, who own their own bus - the youth pastor has a CDL. I talked to him last night and they were going to drive all night. This morning as I was just about to go to church with the kids he called again in a big hurry wanting me to see if I could find serial numbers for his palm pilot and our camera. Why? B/c they were stolen off the bus. Yes, it totally sucks.

They got to Salt Lake City and had stopped at McDonald's for breakfast and neglected to lock the bus...perhaps a habit from small town living, I don't know. So, someone who looked like a homeless person got on the bus and stole Terry's backpack and 3 other people's stuff. Terry had important stuff in there! Our great camera (yeah, sorry grammas and grampas, aunts and uncle and anyone else who cares to see our pictures, you won't be seeing new pictures on here for a while), Terry's new palm pilot (sorry Jerry), his phone and palm chargers, Bible, other books, notes (important speaking notes for Terry's gig for a camp in WI at the end of July) and high school youth group checkbook.

His phone was almost dead and hel-lo, he had no way of charging it. But instead of buying a charger, since it was cheaper and his contract was up, he just got a new phone - it was definitely time, believe me. So that's something good - I can still talk to my husband when he has time.

So, besides missing Terry, we're a little upset this stuff is gone. I've been trying to remember that it's just stuff but it still really erks me. I LOVE taking pictures of our kids. Terry's gonna call our insurance guy and see if our renter's insurance will cover any of this. The checks have all been cancelled. I don't know what he'll do about his notes and books though. Ug.

Sorry for the downer. =(

No comments:

Post a Comment