Monday, June 2, 2008

Now that I am unsick I thought I better get these up from our trip home last weekend. Just like in here, there was a lot of rain and flooding. The little creek that runs through Terry's families ranch was very swollen...like I've never seen it before (but Jerry said it's been up to the bridge before). In this first photo you can see how high it is. Usually it's just a little ribbon of water in the spring and dry in the summer. Noah really enjoyed throwing rocks in it. It made me a little sad b/c it reminded me of how we used to live out there (just further down the road) and Noah and I would walk down to the creek to throw in rocks... Ahhhh.
.
.
This is the creek running over the bridge at the grandparent's house (not pictured - that one is the house Jerry and Alice lived in when they first got married in '72)

.

Another favorite past time of Noah's: riding the four-wheeler with Grampa.

.

Now we're throwing and skipping rocks into one of the formerly dry stock ponds.

.

Wow! This is what all of the ponds looked like. I mean, they used to be cracking dry. The rain was GREAT.

1 comment: