Friday, July 25, 2008

mess of things last post

Today is almost done. The packing is pretty much finished, although I keep thinking I've forgotten a bunch of stuff, which I probably have. Man, there is a lot that goes into packing a family for a ten day road trip, especially when they're so young!

Today was crazy. Mow the lawn, do laundry, go to Pizza Hut w/Noah and Evie and Terry's aunt, uncle and cousins and kids (Kellen with the heart defect), go to the park for the ribbon cutting ceremony of the new playground equipment, come home to finish laundry and pack, pack, pack, go to Pamida for diapers and more undies (b/c yes, I'm going to attempt to keep up the potty training while we're gone...we'll see how it goes, hence diapers), make 2 dinners - one pizza for us and one for a woman at church, Andrea, who just had a baby almost a week ago -, take garage sale stuff to Terry's aunt's, buy some stuff, pack, watch Oprah (never happens), blog, pack car, go to bed, leave at 7am for a 10-12hr drive to Chicago to meet the Fongs! "Oh my goodness" as Noah would say, after his mommy of course.

So on with today's crazy pictures!


Since I've had so much company, I had put away Evie's "toy" thing b/c there was always someone to hold her. I just got it out again and found that she can totally grab things now! She's 4 months now - or will be on the 31st!




Here are some shots from the ribbon cutting ceremony. Of course they let the kids play afterwards (Noah didn't like having to wait since it was obvious that the fence that had prevented him from getting in there was gone now). Perhaps we'll have our picture in the paper again next week!
That's Terry's cousin's husband, Tim, helping Noah down the slide - it was HOT.



Thought I'd show off some more of my mom's handiwork since she's so talented like that. This is an ornament she made at Christmas and I put on Evie's door handle to remind me of the little girl that was coming. I think it's sooo cute.



Here is a shower robe mom crocheted for Evie. It won't fit till she's like a year but it's soooo cute also. I might have to put her in it for everything but after baths since it's so nice.

Some shots of her room since I don't have any on here (only some on facebook before it was finished). The colors are pink and green if you can't tell.

My mom and sister found the perfect bedding for the room. I love it!

1 comment: