Monday, April 6, 2009

chicken kiev




This is truly one of Terry's favorite meals: Chicken Kiev (forget that
spiral sandwich nonsense =)). I hadn't made it for over a year b/c Evie was little and then I was prego... It's quite labor intensive. But it's just the best when you cut into the chicken and the butter pours out...





You see, you have to cut the chicken breasts in half but still keep them connected. Then you have to pound them thin w/o putting a whole through the chicken, as I'm prone to do. You have to make the butter filling and chill it so you can roll it up inside the chicken. Then you have to roast the bread crumbs for the crispiness - which I didn't do. I just crunched up corn flakes b/c I like that best and duh, it's easier. Then you have to bake for like 45 minutes. The meal takes forEVER. But it's worth it.





So I decided that since it was so much work, I would share it. Plus, I think I'd like to do this more often whenever I make a meal I'm particularly proud of and it's somewhat attractive =).

I got the recipe from
America's Test Kitchen. I just went to look it up again, but you have to be a member to see the actual recipe - it's their Cook's County business... So, if you're that interested in this yumminess, you'll just have to pay for their membership or email me and I'll scan my recipe and email it to you!

At any rate, it was delish.

This is their perfection. So what if mine's not quite as pretty?! My mouth didn't know the diff.

No comments:

Post a Comment