Monday, April 13, 2009

a showery sort of day

As you can see from the invitation to the left, Saturday was Shari's bridal shower! The only change from what is typed is that the shower took place at 3pm instead of 1030am since there was another very popular shower (over 50 people in attendance) that took place at the exact same time which most of our guests were invited to. So, I moved ours!

I do have to say, I am particularly proud of my home-maid invitation. I did it myself, making use the small amount of creativity that I possess. I think it looks great. It matched her invitations pretty well (see below), since her colors are sage and black.



It was a very busy weekend at the Biers household but we managed to get everything done in time for the shower. I had prepped Jesse by having him answer and video record 20 questions for our "Nearly Wed" game that Terry helped me with.

I also asked Jesse if he would be so kind as to give the guests a few minutes to spend with him outside of church and if he could be prepared to share the story of how he and Shari met and were engaged. He did very well and you can't even tell from this picture that he, and Shari, were a little nervous.
.
Here is the Jesse's video recorded responses to all 20 questions.



The second game we played was called "Etiquette 911." Terry helped a lot with this one as well. We came up with off-the-wall crazy things that "could" happen at a wedding. Things such as Shari getting spit up on by a baby, a guest having undiagnosed Tourette's syndrome and shouting obscenities during the ceremony, a farting groomsman, Jesse sneezing mucous all over Shari during the vows, etc...you get the idea. =) I gave each guest an etiquette card and asked them to fill out what they would advise Shari to do in such a situation. After Shari would open a gift, I would have the giver read their card and response. It was quite funny.

Stephanie is signing in using a Thank You card envelope.
The sign in table.

Everyone is chatting right before I had Jesse share their story.

What a good looking couple Jesse and Shari are.

Shelli Rehmert, Elaine Schwanz and cousin Tawnya Strauser filling out their Etiquette 911 cards.

Left to right: Kathy Hult, Nikki Rehmert, Cheryl Sitorius, Aunt JoAnn Doering filling out their cards.

Shari missed half of the 20 questions and thus had to take a Dove candy egg out for each wrong answer (but they were pretty hard). Don't worry, we gave them back to her.

I'm assisting Shari with the coolest gift that was given, which was of course the one I gave =). Just kidding, she got a lot of great gifts. It is a red leather recipe box. It came with neato dividers so you can organize your recipes. I loved it so much I want one for myself now.

The gift pile, those that had been opened.

Grilling utensils.

The pretty lady close up.
Here's her sweet nonstick rolling pin...it also makes a good weapon.

Shari's second pizza pan is being unveiled.

Here is what we were ultimately here for, at least according to my plan anyway, giving Shari cooking resources with gift recipes!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great shower, Eva!! You are a rockstar! It was highly enjoyable! : )

    ReplyDelete