Monday, April 6, 2009

Noah's project

Back home, the Black Hills have been blasted w/crazy winter blizzards since it's been "spring." I checked the calendar just to make sure that it is indeed spring - It happened March 20th, not April 1st, as you might have thought. We even got a snow storm here 2 nights ago.

Nonetheless, the robins are out. That usually means spring, right? Those robins reminded me of a Christmas gift our church secretary, Terri, gave Noah - a birdhouse. He had to paint it and then help daddy put it together. And my-oh-my, does my boy LOVE to paint. He had a great time. And even though the project is done, he's still carrying around his paints so he can play with them.


*Note to self - buy water colors at Walmart next week.*


We brought the birdhouse inside when it started raining before the storm and now that it's clear again, Noah insisted we put it back outside.

Now we just need to get our bird feeder out and get some actual birdseed in it and we'll be set. Well, and it would probably be good if we did a little planting or landscaping or whatever you call it. What do I know? My dad forced me to garden and WEED (how I hated those spiky weeds!) as a child and I've hated it ever since (hear that dad, yep, I'm blaming YOU =)).
The boy, the box and the completed paint job. I didn't help him AT ALL. I was proud of my perfectionistic self. =)

Daddy is pounding the nails into the birdhouse. I like this shot b/c Noah looks like he's locked out and is knocking to get back in =)

Evie enjoyed getting outside even though it was way cold.

TA DA!

"Magnificent"

No comments:

Post a Comment