Friday, April 24, 2009

walking

Evie began crawling well just before we went on the ski trip, as my parents should fondly remember, and she had been working on walking even then. Well, she's almost mastered it now.

At first she would only walk short distances back and forth between Terry and I, or someone else she felt she could trust. Then she would go further distances between us and sometimes not grab our hands to steady herself, instead turning herself around.

Just in the last few days she's come a long way. She's been walking across the room, attempting to catch her brother who thinks he's being chased, which of course, he loves. She also walks around the couch if we're watching a movie or playing Mariokart.

I thought I better make a video for all the poor family that hasn't been here to see her progression. And then I thought I better make a picture story of it for Jerry and Alice who can't watch a video. Best of both worlds!

Evie crawled under the buffet when I was vacuuming.

Here is the beginning of Evie's trip around the couch.
Here she has stopped to watch Old Yeller, which is currently Noah's favorite thanks to daddy who forced him to watch it instead of Despereaux, which he really loves too.

Past the box of stuff for a youth group care package for Ernesto and Angie.

Looking into the kitchen.

On the move again.

She's got a new hat and sandals on. Her other white one she tossed while on a walk and I didn't notice (notice this new one has a strap...). And she didn't have any summer shoes so I got her some adorable pink polka-dot ones at Target =)

Finishing up her lap.

All done! And she's watching Old Yeller again.

Here is the actual video. And sorry about the smudge on the camera. Obviously, I didn't notice it...until now.



2 comments: