Monday, June 8, 2009

half pump it up Noah

Terry is gone all of today for a pre-marital counseling conference. So we headed to the playground w/Snap to get our minds off of the loneliness (he usually comes home for lunch, not to mention dinner... Snap is depressed b/c Jerry and Shari left and my dad before them).

We've been trying to teach Noah how to pump himself to swing by explaining it to him, telling him when to do what and by example. However, I think he would learn best from another kid. Absolutely. You know, like at recess?

So he wants me to push him on this huge swing and I have to put my whole body weight into it. He likes to swing forEVER. I mean, for like a half hour or more would be ideal for him. One day my arms were sore. So, like I said, we've been trying to teach him. I tell him when to put his legs "Out" and "now In." He can do it, he just has the timing wrong and then he gets frustrated. He doesn't feel it yet.

So I pushed him for a long enough while and then insisted he swing himself if he wanted more. He wasn't into that. He went to each of the six swings in turn and asked me to push him. I pushed him once initially and then tried to teach him. He just whined and cried and yelled. Consequently, he's having a nap now. =) We were unsuccessful at today's lesson.

He's just the same as when he was a baby. He never wanted to hold the bottle or feed himself w/a spoon. He just wanted me to do it. Still, Terry mostly fills his spoon w/food b/c he's lazy like that. He always wants me to take his clothes off. But maybe I'm lazy too. I mean, I'm the one who doesn't want to push him for a half hour...

He still says for a lot of things, "Can't do it. You doooooo it." He exerts minimal effort in the hope that I will do it for him. He gets frustrated easily. He started saying that too, while we were gone in Mexico. My mom was busy making dinner in the crock pot at lunch and was just about done when his show finished and it was TIME for lunch. He asked her repeatedly for his peanut butter jelly sandwich, to which she said something like, Just a moment, I'm almost done, Be patient. She told him several times b/c he asked several times and he finally said "I'm frustrated!!!!!"

What a boy!

Here is the girl enjoying the bridge.

Evie enjoys stairs, which is what she's going down in this shot, b/c we only have one in our house.


This is the first swing, the one I was pushing him on. That's why he's so high...

Why not let the girl play in the puddle? Wouldn't you want to if you were 14months?
Snap dog!

The boy getting a rock out of his shoe.

Neat shadows - she's right inside a triangle!

That's as high as he wanted to go. Not a thrill seeker that one.

Hey, there's me. I'm never in this blog!

Cuteness

No comments:

Post a Comment