Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 2 of the 2 week trip

Terry was gone for two whole weeks at the beginning of June. He took about 30 people from Gburg to Tijuana, Mexico and LA. So I took our three kids with me to SD to pass the time. Alas, this is the life of a youth pastor's wife. Also, Terry took our camera so I only had my cell phone to document our trip.

We arrived on Saturday May 28. Went to our old church, Parkview, on Sunday and saw some good friends there. It rained all day. Talk about depressing. My parent's house is a lot smaller than I remember when I was little. So we were getting very stir crazy. Monday turned out better. I took the kids with my dad to watch Bo, their dog, swim at his favorite pond. The kids had a blast throwing rocks into the water. While the kids played I talked to Terry - that was like a lifeline!

The day before we left, Saturday June 11, we went there again. This time Bo let the ball go over the waterfall. My dad had to traverse a slippery board to retrieve it from the stream. Isn't the dog supposed to retrieve?

No comments:

Post a Comment