Thursday, June 16, 2011

the ranch

(reminder: Terry was gone for two whole weeks at the beginning of June. He took about 30 people from Gburg to Tijuana, Mexico and LA. So I took our three kids with me to SD to pass the time. Alas, this is the life of a youth pastor's wife. Also, Terry took our camera so I only had my cell phone to document our trip.)

After spending two nights at my folks' house, we needed a change of scenery. So on Monday May 30, we loaded up (a lot of work with 3 kids!) and headed to Terry's parent's place for the following three nights. What's great about that is that his sister and my good friend Shari lives out there. In fact, she and Jesse and my very first niece lives in the same house we lived in before we moved to NE just a half mile from their parents.

Tuesday we went for a walk down to the bridge and enjoyed the swollen creek. We couldn't go over to Shari's yet b/c Evie still had RSV (she got sick 3 days before we left). We all did get to go swimming twice together at the Y later though. Fun stuff.


One of those afternoons Noah, Samuel and I visited Shari and Grace. She's so squishy! And she's the most laid back baby I've ever known. My kids were good babies, but they were nothing like Grace.


2 day apart cousins play. Chillin in their sleepers.


We discovered Samuel was strong enough to sit in this baby seat that Terry's folks had. What a strong 4 month old!


This photo is from the following week on like Wednesday, June 8. They were checking each other out.

At some point on this trip Noah lost his first tooth, though we couldn't find it. We think he swallowed it!

2 comments:

  1. Great pics! I am glad we were able to spend time together sister. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute photos! Glad you enjoyed your time in the Black Hills!

    ReplyDelete