Thursday, August 29, 2013

good baby Ezra

I don't think I have shared what Ezra's name means. It's a Hebrew name, of course, and it means "Helper." 

Besides liking the name, we liked the meaning. Wouldn't it be nice to have a "helper" baby #4 instead of another destroyer baby? I've never had a truly laid back child, though none of them have been difficult babies in the least. And yet the idea of 4 children was a little daunting to me so we kinda hoped that he would be a laid back helper. 

Lo and behold, he lives up to his name. He is such a good baby. He's been sleeping through the night since 8 WEEKS! I've been wanting to share that for a while but thought I'd better wait until I was sure he'd keep on doing it. He sleeps til 7 or 8'oclock in the morning consistently (I am a firm believer in the book Baby Wise [i could say a lot about the controversy of this book but i won't] though my other kids didn't sleep through the night until around 4 months)! He naps great, with an occasional hiccup. He hardly ever cries - not even to go to sleep anymore. 

Maybe it's loud enough as it is with three older ones running around and he doesn't feel the need to add to the din. But I hope he continues to be chill. He's such a joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment