Thursday, December 26, 2013

ranch Christmas 2013

Every single night I thank God that we live near family and Terry can work at our home church. I never stop feeling blessed. It's just wonderful that we can drive 30 minutes down the road to visit Terry folks and a mere 10 minutes to see mine. So that's what we did after our own family Christmas yesterday - we went to the ranch.

After a yummy lunch of ham and ribs, we opened a few gifts. Grampa and Gramma had already given us a wonderful year pass to Watiki but the kids were given some small things so they had something to open. Evie made fingerprint art and girl faces all day long.


Samuel got a ball pit! 


Noah got his first bb gun, which he tried out later. As soon as he was done opening it though, he went right back to putting together his Lego gunship he got that morning


Gramma and Grampa checking out their gifts. 


Grace got a baby to take care of since she has a new baby sister


Ezra had more things to open since he had napped through the first Christmas. He didn't get much of a chance to play with this turtle! 


Ezra loves grabbing faces. 


Shari and 12 day old Sarah! 


A new chew toy for baby Ezra that's super easy for him to grab. 


Shortly after opening gifts Terry took Noah outside for his first bb gun lesson. They started out with Terry helping Noah to stabilize the gun. 


After a few tries he hit his can! See the water coming out? Wahoo! 


Evie followed me out. 


Even though my brother grew up with a bb gun and went hunting with my dad yearly, I had never even shot a bb gun. So Terry gave me a lesson and I hit my can on the first shot. I think I could get into shooting stuff! 


Evie didn't really care but we had her try just one shot. 


She preferred to moo at the cows. She came running back to us "Mommy! Daddy! I was mooing at the cows and one of them pooped!" She's a cow whisperer.


We went back inside to play cards, eat pie and watch some TV. We watched our first Duck Dynasty episode since they have cable TV. I must say, I didn't care for it. I couldn't get into it!


Once it was dark we went outside to use up the leftover fireworks from this last summer. It was Terry's dad's idea since we didn't have to wait until 10pm for it to be dark. Though it was pretty cold and icy it was worth it.


Silly Evie was so scared. Apparently Jesse was safer to stand by than me. 
Grace - smiling. Evie- grimacing.

Everyone else was watching from inside and every time Samuel looked out they were in between explosions. He kept missing it and yelling for more. He had Shari and Gramma laughing until they cried. 
Sparklers


Jesse said Terry was Lord of the Dance since he was getting his groove on with those sparklers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment