Thursday, December 26, 2013

our Christmas 2013

This will come as surprise to no one:  The kids have been so excited about Christmas. They kept going over their toy lists with us and asking us what we got them and how the day would unfold. Evie, for one, made sure we knew how these things were supposed to happen, "You get me up at 8 o'clock and then we get our stockings. And then we get our presents." She wanted to make sure we didn't forget. Apparently they can't count on us!

Here they are after having dumped their stockings. My mom completed last year's start on the stockings with new additions for Terry, Samuel, Ezra and I. They're great. And I forgot to take photos. Oops! Noah is sitting on his I guess. Even Snap scored this year. He got a new collar and name/address/phone tag (b/c he's been known to run away).


After stockings was a breakfast of eggs ("yay!") and coffee cake ("oh no!" but this year they finally liked it). You can see out the back door that we had a white Christmas, though thankfully it was melting after some really nasty, unpleasant, freezing cold weather.


Next Terry read the Christmas story straight of the Bible I gave him last year. 


We opened family gifts first. This Charlie Brown Christmas dvd was given to us by our new staff guy's (Paul) family. I had to share because I'm so funny. :P


"AHHHHHHH!" Apparently he's excited about the annual photo book. 


This Star Wars clock was a Black Friday super cheap find. It's going on the boy's orange wall (though I am a little jealous)! 


We thought it was high time for Noah to have his own real big boy Bible. So we got him one! 


How awesome are these?!!! I'm going to be that mom, part of that totally annoying trend of people putting up family member decals on the back of their mini-vans. I don't care what you think or if you have your own decals of zombies eating our decal family, my Star Wars decals are SO cool and I love them.


Samuel got a truck with tools, two things he's into right now. 


And this Star Wars Lego gunship is the crown jewel of Noah's Christmas, the one he was sure to remind us he wanted over and over and over. He's quite happy with it.


I love my punk kids. 


I was very much looking forward to Evie opening her gift. She's been really wanting some dress up gowns. Just last weekend she was at a friend's house who had a lot of dress up clothes and she told us how she wished she had more than her too-small, ripped-up Tinkerbell costume. I couldn't wait for her to see the beautiful gown and matching doll we got her! She's incredibly happy with it. I even teared up a little seeing her pleasure. It's so fun to give our kids good gifts. 


Terry was not left out. He got a new coat and jeans. I've been saying how his old brown puffy one with too short of sleeves made him look like a gorilla ("YOU gave it to me!" he always quipped back) and it was high time for a new one. 

After Ezra's nap we all headed to the ranch to continue the festivities...

No comments:

Post a Comment