Sunday, March 22, 2015

dare 2 share 2015

Terry has been taking youth groups to Dare 2 Share in Lincoln, NE since 2008. So this year's trip was his 7th (!!!), but his first in Denver. I think this was my 4th trip. Before I attended for myself, I was doubtful of the whole thing, but now I know from first hand experience that Dare 2 Share is a great thing. They present the gospel very clearly, teach about what is included in salvation and then train how to share the gospel with others. Students text their friends, have spiritual conversations in the community and then take it home with them to share with the people in their lives. A lot of adults can't even do that and actually, it would be great if more big people did have the opportunity for a training of this sort. It's great. 

This year our shirts were amazing. Our friend Faith, an artist and graphic designer, created our shirts. I love them!



We left Rapid on Friday, February 27th by like 9am. We made pretty decent time and were able to drop off our luggage at the hotel (yippee for not having to sleep on the concrete floor of a church's basement!!!) before we went to Chic-fil-a for dinner. Yummy!
Rob, Jake and my silly husband


We got to the church a bit early and stood in the freezing cold for about 10 minutes before we were allowed to come in and snag some pretty good seats. We ended up sitting right next to the Gburg group. It was fun to catch up with them and also pretty crazy that Terry's first Dare 2 Share was with them and that it's been nearly three years since we moved back. Kind of bittersweet.
our group

That night's skit was a super good one - one that all of us could relate to. A girl was stuck in her room listening to the lies of who she didn't know to be her enemy. It wasn't until she cried out to Jesus that she was saved from the lies and the accuser. What a picture! And how very often do I find myself in that that room listening to lies. It was a powerful play and the girls and I had some great discussion back at the hotel that night.

The next morning we were all short on sleep but excited to be back at the church. I don't know what was wrong with me here. Just struck gold with that face... Yikes!



Rob photobombed us. 



And then Dylan/aka Harry Potter did too. And my husband is crazy.



My first Dare 2 Share was back in 2010 and I had a fabulous time. That was due primarily to Starfield's presence, one of my favorite bands.  I was so excited becase they were coming again this year. I got Jazmine all into them. :) 



We always give Greg and Zane one of our t-shirts and this year Jazmin did the honors. Greg really liked the shirt. He said that he gets a lot of them and sometimes he can just tell when one is going to become a workout shirt. Ours was not one of those :) 



We did our outreach/gospel sharing experience over lunch at the mall. Terry shared with a brother and sister in line at Qdoba and I shared a bit with a homeless woman who had her pet mouse and hamster in the bag with her. Ha!  



Gotta keep an eye on those high school boys... 



The conference ended earlier than usual (5pm vs. 10pm) which was good in my opinion. We van-pooled with the South Canyon youth group whose pastor, Josh, Terry is friends with. Here's our whole big group with the Jesus actor who jumped in at the last minute.



And this is just our group. Looks like 20 students and 3 adult leaders. I think there were a few missing due to them running around after signatures.



It was a really good group. We had no problems. 



Doooooh! 



After the conference ended we went to a local pizza parlor to eat and share our experiences at the mall. These guys are all into playing Crossy Road and have gotten Terry, and thereby Noah into it. Such a dumb game. Soapbox ended. 



I laughed and laughed when I first saw Terry making this face at Caleb. My husband is crazy. 




After pizza we went back to the hotel for one more night of "rest" before we headed home the following morning.  



When we reached Syndey, NE, all the weird students ran across the road to eat lunch at McDonald's (gag). Thereby Terry, Jazmin and I and a few cool South Canyon people we able to eat in peace at quiet at our favorite NE restaurant: Runza! We laughed and laughed about this quote. Good times. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment