Wednesday, February 11, 2009

thumb and all-fours

Evie likes her pacifier but only to get to sleep. She also likes to be wrapped up tight, but again, only to get to sleep. When I go in to get her in the morning, the pacie and the blankets are done for:
What a cute thumb sucker!
.
.
I am growing tired of Evie yelling at me every time I set her on her bottom to play. For some reason, yesterday was especially bad. I would set her down w/her brother to play w/her toys while I went to do some things. She immediately cried and held her arms above her head. She doesn't wish for me to pick her up. She only wants to take my hands and have me lead her around. I'm like her leash - only this leash is strictly for balance.
.
This morning I was making our bed and I set her in front of our mirror which is usually a really great distraction for her. Not today. She sat there yelling w/her arms up - even when Noah went by she looked at him for help. In theory it was quite cute but I was irritated. So I insisted she try to crawl. I think she could do it, and would be happier if she figured it out, but she won't. If she's on her belly she just rotates in circles. If she's on her bottom she just pivots and somehow moves slowly around. She reaches for things while on her bottom but just won't put her arms down to support herself. So I've been doing this today:

Forced exercise. She's crying although this shot doesn't show it.

She's happy here b/c I picked her up.

Upset again. Oooh, you can see her mohawk nicely in this shot.
See?!!! She could do it. Little squish just doesn't want to though. She knows what she likes. Oh. She's also outgrowing baby cereal now too, wants "real" food. Whatever Evie. You're my baby FOREVER!

2 comments:

  1. this is like Nathan...he didn't crawl at all, just started scooting at about 11 mos., but by his 1st birthday he was walking. Ella likes to walk holding on to hands now too. I think she'll be doing it on her own soon (how is it possible they are almost a year old!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't Noah do that same thing with the hands and walking around?
    I know what you mean about her being your baby FOREVER! I feel the same way!
    Frannie

    ReplyDelete