Saturday, February 7, 2009

my haircut




Thursday was MY turn for a haircut. Ever since my beloved Monica moved to Wyoming for her husband's new job, I've been w/o someone I can really trust. I used to be able to go there and tell her to do whatever she wanted and it always looked great.

I initially went to Monica at home after a disastrous run-in w/a Russian speaking hair dresser at JCPenney... Okay, I didn't plan to go into this but I just have to share this story. Rabbit trail coming up.
.
So, when I was a junior in high school I thought it would be cool to cut my hair kind of shaggy short - still girly and kinda flirty looking short but not really short. The woman who did it was not the Russian one and she did a pretty good job. But it was a little long in the back and I didn't want to curl it all the time to keep it from looking like a mullet so I went back to have that part, and only that part, trimmed off a little bit. Except the original woman who cut it wasn't there so they put me w/the Russian woman who did speak English, just kinda brokenly. I think she must have become confused when I explained what I wanted... I showed her a picture of a back of a haircut I wanted and explained that I just wanted the tail cut off. She went ahead and cut everything short.
This is my junior year year book photo. It was even shorter than this at first...
.
But the funny part is that one day in my English class I noticed the boy in front of me had just got his previously really shaggy hair cut. It was interesting b/c it actually looked a lot like mine did. Seriously, we looked like we had the same haircut. I asked him about it and where he went. He was like, "I went to JCPenney and this Russian lady cut it." !!! So yeah, apparently she only knew how to cut hair one way, boy or girl just didn't matter.

So, I went to this new place and they put me w/Monica b/c she had short hair and we totally hit it off. I went to her wedding and she did my hair for my wedding. She was so great. How I miss her... But, at any rate, I'm very happy w/my new haircut!

1 comment:

  1. I like your bangs, but I like your jr. high short hair too. Your hair always looks good. I miss our Monica too!

    ReplyDelete