Saturday, January 31, 2009

Life



We watched this movie last night based on a review I received in an email from http://www.pluggedinonline.com/. It was AMAZING. You really must watch this film. It was SO wonderful to watch a movie w/human dignity.

The following was quoted from the actor who plays Jose in the movie and is taken from the aforementioned site. How refreshing it is! "We are not called to be successful, we are called to be faithful. I wasn't born to be famous, or rich, I was born to know and love and serve our Lord Jesus Christ." —actor Eduardo Verástegui, star of the film Bella. Verastegui was a popular telenovela star in Mexico before he rejected the stereotypical Latin lover roles he'd been playing in exchange for more family-oriented parts. He's critical of unwholesome media, which in his estimation includes such films as Million Dollar Baby and Cider House Rules. "Art and morality go hand in hand," he said. "God does not use evil means." [catholic.org, 5/15/07]


On a very similar note, I received word of this pro-life commercial advertisement. "The ad aired on BET in Chicago on Inauguration Day. It has become an Internet hit with over 700,000 views in seven days. The ad was in the top 10 ‘most viewed’ category on YouTube on Inauguration Day last week" (from that linked article). It's a really beautiful ad but NBC didn't want to show it during the Superbowl... What more should I expect from the world I guess?

1 comment:

  1. Matt and I saw that movie...also really enjoyed it. I wish it had received more publicity, I think it won a few awards though.

    ReplyDelete