Saturday, January 24, 2009

6 much needed hooks

After a week's hard work, we finally have a coat rack - home aid nonetheless!

Thanks to the Sioux Falls Library courtesy of Megan for the idea. And thanks to Terry for doing most of the work that he didn't want to do in the first place ("Why can't we just use the chairs indefinitely...That cheapo, chincy Menards rack is just fine..."). Seriously, thank you Terry. =)

So, the problem has been that we always use our back door that comes in from the garage instead of the front door where the coat closet is located. Not an issue in the summer when we don't use the coats at all but in the winter when we have both light and heavy jackets, they tend to pile up. Last winter I continually walked back and forth from the back door to the front closet to get our coats and than hang them back up when we got home. I was all done w/that this winter. Just call me lazy but it's kind of a long walk. Seriously, our house is long.

So, I spied a similar rack on Megan's blog and set out to find a similar one at the one place there might have been one - Menards. There was not a sufficient rack, contrary to what Terry said =). So, I convinced him that I could make one, which of course meant that he had to do most of it. I really should learn to use power tools and then I wouldn't have to bother him w/these things... At any rate, we bought some hooks at Walmart, a board and discounted paint from Gburg Hicken Lumber, and some 2 inch screws.

I'm tired of explaining. Come to think of it, I'm just plain tired tonight and Evie needs a bath and I still have to dance at Coronation. Here's the photos.


Our coat mess.


Noah next to the board.

The empty rack.

The completed rack and clean chairs.

1 comment:

  1. glad you like it! those types of things are really useful!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete