Thursday, January 1, 2009

the special gift



Yep, there it is. Terry got me a sapphire ring! The man likes to go big!

I'd previously mentioned to Terry a few times that I'd always wanted a sapphire ring since it's my birthstone. I just never thought he would do it so soon in our marriage! I was pleasantly surprised.

It went down like this: I opened a small little note that had rhyming instructions about how this was going to be like my birthday - a scavenger hunt. The first clue led me to a ornament on the tree and then to the deer head and then to my purse. There was a really sweet note that I quite enjoyed and the pretty little wrapped box.

Now, the ring above is actually a second one... The one I opened looked much like my engagement ring - round and about the same size. I really liked it, but he said we could go look if I wanted. I just happened to find something that I liked more. =) I LOVE this ring!!! I wanted something a little different but still simple - it's an emerald cut. I tried on some w/bling (little diamonds) but it just looked so weird on my funny-looking-wrinkly-freakishly-long fingers. I LOVE THIS RING! And of course, I LOVE the giver!

Thank you Terry! I'll get you a chain so you can wear it too (He says he's jealous and wants a sapphire too =)).

No comments:

Post a Comment