Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday afternoon dates

A while back in Sunday School we were doing a video called Love & Respect. Emerson Eggerichs suggested that if he didn't his wife to accost him during his "transition" times to and from work, etc., he should set aside a time for her to talk to him. What he did w/his wife was to sit down in their bedroom alone at some point in the evening and visit with her even though the kids protested. Terry's idea for us was to have a weekly outing on Friday afternoons.

We started out just w/coffee... Well, neither of us really drank coffee but you get the idea. But a few weeks ago we decided to have a late lunch at Runza. What is Runza you may ask? It's a Nebraska fast food chain that we have grown to really love. A couple in our church owns it. But at first we were like, "Runza gives you the runza" and we were scared of their food. =) But as I said, we've grown to love it and now we go every week - the coupons help.

So, what do we do w/the kids? you may well wonder since the whole idea is to be, you know, ALONE. Our good friend Kathy Hult watches them for us for one hour every week! She's awesome and Noah really loves her. A couple weeks ago when it was cold, and therefore boring, and we were stuck inside, Noah repeatedly asked to go to Kathy's house (I'm working on him saying "Miss Kathy" b/c that's just nicer and more respectful).

Kathy loves it too. We were at their house earlier this week to work on her husband's, Dave, testimony for youth group when I discovered some new toys. I gave her a hard time b/c I knew why she bought them - for Noah and Evie! But she insisted they're also for future grand kids since her daughter just got married last year. So sweet!

I really love this time alone with Terry. I also really love the time away from the kids. I love them but dog gone it, I love getting away. And I really love Runza as well.

"Kaffry's house!"

Terry ordering w/a coupon from the sister of our church secretary. She always calls him "Pastor Terry." So weird for me, still (the title).
She took our picture when she brought our food. Terry is incapable of just smiling in a photo, just in case you were wondering. He has to be silly. =)
Dessert. Apparently I can be silly too...

The look from the outside. I love what the sign says, "Don't be silly try our chili!" He he.
Though I felt really silly taking pictures like a Nebraska tourist, I think it will be fun to look back on this sort of thing when we're older...especially since Terry can hardly remember last week =). Sorry Terry, I'm being too hard on you. Love you dude!

No comments:

Post a Comment