Wednesday, June 27, 2012

one more month

My kids are always where I am. And I guess that's okay, according to Terry - it means they like me (I hope).

But since we moved into my grampa's house, it's more like they're continually under my feet. All day long. Every day.

They don't want to be alone anywhere in the house. It wasn't this way in Gburg. We had a four-level house (like what we're buying) and since it was only a half flight of stairs to anywhere else in the house, it didn't seem like you were that far away. However, in my grampa's huge ranch house, if you go downstairs, it's like you're in another house. You'd think 3500 square feet would be a good thing for kids to spread out in. Turns out it does the opposite - makes them close in on us.

For example, yesterday during lunch. They were all done and it was finally my turn to eat. Did they run off and play? Well, they ran off to get a few toys and then returned to the Dining-area-with-a-couch-in-it-because-we-don't-want-to-take-it-downstairs Room. Yeah, they returned to play near me even though there's no toys in this room and there's tons of other more suitable space.

All this to say: I am really excited for us to be able to move into our new house. Closing is only ONE MONTH away now! Yippee!!!

Below is a photo from the day that we took the slide off the play set in Nebraska so we could come back to SD. When we move to our new house, I think one of the first things we'll do is set-up the kid's play-set. Then they'll have something more to do outside and my feet will be free-er.

The play-set has been strapped down to the trailer ever since we moved away (what a sad photo - taken right when we left Gburg). The trailer is parked at my parents until we can set the bad boy up.

We are so looking forward to moving in to our new house. In ONE MONTH!!!

3 comments:

  1. I so get that feelings (especially living in the 800 sq.ft. that we do). Ugh. Sometimes I feel like I can't go anywhere in our house without a dog or child underfoot. Hope you can find some quiet moments during your day. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being in between settled is always hard - I hate that phase!!

    In other news, is HFM gone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, we've been feeling stretched thin. really excited to get into our own place. Samuel is doing well. the scabs on his legs are healing. the ones on his feet are hard. i think they're getting better but it's taking longer. he's happier though! thanks for asking :)

      Delete