Friday, April 11, 2014

Evie's 6th birthday

I don't remember exactly why, but the day before Evie's birthday was quite busy. For one thing, Terry preached. That evening I made Evie's rainbow birthday cake which made it the third year in a row I've made it (four and five birthday links). I tried to talk her out of it. What a great mommy I am but at least I did it for her. The cake isn't actually all that difficult, it just uses a ton of dishes. So here are the cakes ready to go in the oven.


We had braced for the possibility of not being able to go to the ranch like we had planned due to an  impending "blizzard." The district cancelled school but it turned out to be much less severe than they predicted. Terry still managed to make it to the store for some birthday donuts. How happy she was to receive pink and purple sprinkles for breakfast!


I had her model the cake along with her choice of a birthday dress (a Christmas one because it was princessy) in front of the back door to show the terrible blizzard. I guess it was quite windy and the interstate was dangerous though.  


We had planned to celebrate at the ranch for half of the day but since that fell through, Terry let her choose a couple movies to keep them busy. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 and Frozen. Poor girl had higher hopes but that's life! There had been a snow storm in Nebraska on the day she was born as well. I guess half of her birthdays just might have snow involved.

That evening she did have a little party though. My folks and Nathan, Ana, Shari, Jesse, Grace and Sarah were all able to come over to celebrate Evie.


She loved that cake. Terry and I were not a fan of the hard sprinkles. She was though!


She got some pretty pink sparkly shoes... 


a couple My Little Ponies which she adores... 


a bike helmet....and.... 


a big girl bike! We had been planning on getting her a boy bike to pass on to the brothers. We turned soft at Scheels though and opted for the girl bike. We're glad we did and so was she. Happy 6th birthday Evie! You add so much joy and fun to our lives and we love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment