Wednesday, December 17, 2008

ornament party

Our church has a pretty good women's program. For example, every year they do an ornament party at Christmastime. Last year was my first and it was GREAT. My face hurt from smiling so much and that means something since I don't smile all that often - it was either great fun or I was socially deprived. It was probably both. =) Anyway, it was sweet this year as well.

So how it works: Everyone brings an ornament and are given a number upon arriving. The first person to go picks an ornament and the second person can either steal #1's ornament or get a new one. You could only steal an ornament 3 times and there were 56 ladies there this year... It took a while.

I'm there on the left in the tealish talking to Elaine (Terry's lifting partner's, Kevin, wife) who LOVES babies and steals Evie whenever she can.

Evie's blanket is hanging off the back of my chair. The girl at the bottom front w/long blonde hair is Nikki Rehmert, the pastor's eldest. She is our go-to babysitter. She's great. On her right is Shelli, the pastor's wife.
Here is the ornament I got last year. I stole it a couple times to secure it as mine.

Here is mine from this year. Funny thing is, this is also the ornament I brought to the party. I stole it from the woman who stole it from the one who opened it. I didn't see anything I liked better! Everyone laughed and made fun of me =)

See, it's full of little styrofoam balls that swirl around when it's moved.

Yesterday I wrapped what gifts we had. The big ones on the sides are for the grandparents... =)

No comments:

Post a Comment