Saturday, December 6, 2008

Thanksgiving home

I've been distracted from my first downtime love of blogging by a book my sister gave me. I sure love easy reading and entertaining boy/vampire saves girl (hint hint). Yeah, I've been reading Twilight. I wanted to see what all the hubbub was about and it's distracted me from getting posts up. I do like the books although they're quite melodramatic and I'm not quite girly enough to get as wrapped up in them as every one else who reads them, which is only girls. But they're fun...I've read 2 in 5 days. We'll just leave it at that.

So, last week we went home a day earlier than we planned - Monday the 24th I think. We had a pretty good drive although Evie really does not like her car seat when she's awake... Ug. We were glad to get there and have dinner w/my folks. My brother was in Chicago w/his fiancee and my sis was working so it was just my parents. After that we put the kids to bed at Terry's parents house and spent the next 2 nights there. We finally met Shari's very serious boyfriend, Jesse Herrington! He's a great guy and Terry and I had a blast whipping them in Wii tennis. Yeah, that's right, we kicked the tennis player/coaches rear! Sorry Shari =).

Thursday was of course the giant traditional potluck Thanksgiving afternoon lunch w/Terry's huge family. They've been doing it at a senior citizen center for a few years now and as many family who can make it come. It was a smaller crowd this year w/about 30 but still good. Poor Jesse had to meet all those B's at once. I knew just how he felt =).

Friday I did a little purposeful Black Friday shopping w/my sis. That afternoon we went swimming at the YMCA. Pics to come later. After our exercise my mom made an excellent Thanksgiving feast for the K's, w/numbers so small compared to the B's - 13, including us and the baby who didn't eat anything.

And Saturday we left! Shari came back w/us so we had fun having a fuller more talkative van. We had a great time and are looking forward to going back in just a couple weeks for Christmas! I finally get to meet Ana!

Anyway, the pics:

We brought Snap...I didn't think he'd ever get used to living in our back yard after the cool ranch

There were still huge snow drifts 3 weeks after the storm that closed down most of the state. Noah had never sled before so that was great.



Some second cousins playing Chase Noah. He enjoyed it until he got a little worn out. Then he hugged Kynlee (who lives in our town) in an attempt to get her to stop chasing him. It was so cute. She's the one on the left running.


They're all grabbing him.


Riding w/Addie on her sweet bike thing.


Grampa B (aka Great Uncle to those girls) pushing the kids - there's FIVE of them! I love this picture.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In our defense, you made us lose our momentum by serving when we clearly weren't ready. haha Secondly, do you have the pic Terry took of Jess & I at your parents' house?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sent you that pic, didn't I? I sent it to Jess at any rate. I'm gonna do a blog w/it in it now...

    ReplyDelete